Members of the Supply Chain Council may access the tools, research and networks to accelerate and increase supply chain management processes and results. The overarching benefits may be best outlined in the following three categories:
As part of your membership all professionals in your supply chain organization may access the following resources as a membership benefit with no additional cost:
- SCOR model - A supply chain process reference model containing over 200 process elements, 550 metrics, and 500 best practices including risk and environmental management. Updated on a regular basis via a peer-led review team.
- Related Frameworks - Additional process reference models such as CCOR (customer chain) and DCOR (design chain).
- SCORmark Benchmarking – Unlimited benchmarking of supply chain performance against industry peers. Online portal aligned to SCOR model metrics.
- Research - Ongoing research on supply chain processes, practices, metrics and skills both globally and by industry and geographic region.
- Tools - Templates, web site, software and methods developed and contributed by volunteer SCC working groups as well as academics and third party providers.
- Publications - Case studies, articles, conference proceedings and newsletters.
- Expert Network - Access to staff, trainers, and advisors to coach individuals and teams in use of SCOR.
With a focus on supporting supply chain professionals throughout their careers and providing organizations with effective, relevant ways to build internal skills and knowledge, SCC offers multiple career and skills development options including:
- Training - Public and group training on the SCOR framework, its implementation, CCOR and DCOR models and more. View our full training catalog to learn more.
- Certification - Individual personal professional and student certification on understanding of and ability to use the SCOR model.
- Volunteering - Participation on committees and working groups to develop new models , tools and practices in supply chain management.
- Career Development - Skills identification, career path identification, online job postings of positions requiring SCOR knowledge and in-person member networking.
As a global organization, we offer local chapter or regional events as well as online web seminars and forums for ongoing networking and sharing. Opportunities include:
- Chapters – Chapter meetings, networks and materials in local languages discussing supply chain issues of greatest regional interest.
- Events – Frequent webinars, and annual regional conferences such as Supply Chain World.
- Partnerships – Reciprocal membership benefits with the world’s leading supply chain organizations, including ISM, APICS and Aberdeen Group.
- Forums – Virtual and in-person discussion forums for networking and problem-solving among communities of common interest (such as industry special interest groups).
If you are interested in learning more about how you can use a Supply chain Council membership to benefit your needs, check out our visitor-specific pages for: