Six Sigma & Lean Using SCOR
This workshop explains how to apply the SCOR model in convergence with Six Sigma and Lean methodologies. (This training is formerly known as SCOR Convergence training). The SCOR model’s strength at characterizing supply chains in a common language complements both Six Sigma and Lean continuous improvement methodologies and tools. This workshop uses a case study to demonstrate how organizations can use these methodologies in concert to produce synergistic effects across their supply chains that yield system-wide improvements.
- Comparisons of Six Sigma DMAIC, the Lean thinking approach and the SCOR project roadmap for similarities, differences, and leverage points;
- Use of SCOR key performance indicators (KPIs) for DMAIC programs and Lean initiatives;
- The use of Value Stream Maps with SCOR maps and metrics for supply chain continuous improvement and waste elimination;
- SIPOC descriptions using SCOR process hierarchy and content;
- Application of Six Sigma DMAIC and Lean value stream analysis within the SCOR project roadmap;
- SCOR-based best practices benchmarking for dissemination of Six Sigma and Lean improvements across the supply chain;
- SCOR project characterization and prioritization for Six Sigma and Lean opportunities; and
- Example combination of SCOR Roadmap programs with Six Sigma DMAIC approach and Lean thinking.
Participants receive a complete copy of the SCOR framework in soft- and hard-copy form, example models, benchmarks, implementation outlines and quick reference guides.
Who should attend?
Supply Chain, Six Sigma and Lean professionals can gain an understanding of how to use the SCOR framework to extend the benefits of continuous improvement across their extended supply chain to create overall system improvements. SCOR professionals can also gain an understanding of these other proven methodologies to extend the range and depth of continuous improvement project implementations leveraging the SCOR framework.
Attendees should have a general working knowledge of the SCOR model, Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
This is a one-day, 8-hour workshop that includes SIPOC/Value Stream modeling.
Key areas covered
SCOR Convergence Basics
- Key processes, hierarchy, and process content
- Metrics and metrics selection
- Best practices and benchmarking
- The SCOR project roadmap
Six Sigma Convergence Basics
- Six Sigma concepts for convergence
- The DMAIC process
- SIPOC-based representation
- The Six Sigma family of analytic tools
Lean Convergence Basics
- Lean concepts for convergence
- Identifying process waste across supply chains
- Supply chain value stream analysis
- Calculating value
DMAIC, Lean and SCOR Roadmaps
- Characterizing appropriate and inappropriate problems
- Supply chain problem definition using SCOR
- SIPOC, value stream, and SCOR Framework constructs
- Extending Six Sigma and Lean analytic techniques with SCOR
- Disseminating Six Sigma and Lean improvements with SCOR best practices
- Program prioritization, selection, deployment and execution
- Combined work breakdown structures - converging the organization
- Introducing new techniques with change management