The DCORSM Framework training introduces attendees to the full scope and contents of the Design Chain Operations Reference (DCOR) model. The intention is to understand the major process components of the framework (Plan, Research, Design, Integrate, Amend, and Enable) from a product and process design perspective. Participants will learn how to use these components to model design chains, identify and choose key design chain performance indicators, and select best practices for use in benchmarking and performance improvement.
- Design chain processes: Describing product and process design processes (design chains) using the standard DCOR processes and application of processes in different models;
- Design chain metrics: Describing the performance of design chains using the standard DCOR metrics and application of metrics in scorecards and benchmarking;
- Design chain practices: Describing the maturity of processes and application of best practice assessments; and
- Example project: Review of a DCOR project.
Who should attend?
Product and process professionals seeking to understand the DCOR framework, and managers who intend to introduce DCOR to their business.
This is a two-day, 16-hour training led by a Supply Chain Council qualified instructor. This training is an interactive session with group exercises.
Key areas covered
- What is a process framework?
- What are the key components of DCOR?
- Understanding the scope of DCOR (What is a design chain?)
- Interpretation of DCOR processes
- Describing the scope of a design chain (Plan, Research, Design, Integrate, Amend, and Enable)
- Describing the configuration (Product Refresh, New Product, New Technology)
- Describing activities (e.g. "Schedule Design Activities")
- Modeling information collection and techniques (business rules, inputs, outputs)
- Interpretation of DCOR metrics
- Understanding overall design chain performance (level-1 or strategic metrics)
- Understanding root causes of non-performance (level-2 and level-3, or diagnostic metrics)
- Metrics information collection and techniques (scorecards and benchmarking)
DCOR Best Practices
- Purpose of DCOR best practices
- Understanding design chain maturity (best practice benchmarking or assessment)
- Best practice selection and implementation
- Understanding the structure and deliverables of an example DCOR project
- Understanding the benefits of an example project
- Case examples